Sunday, November 15, 2009

I can't seem to find the time to keep up with a blog very well. How do others do it??
Well, I guess this week I have some time on my hands - I'm stuck in Charlotte, NC for a few days to recuperate from some nasty viral attack on the immune system. The doc says I can't travel for a while so I'm hanging out on Myrlene's couch. I'm sure she is ready for mom to flee the country!
So, while I have a few minutes here are some photos of the yard. We took a lawnmower with us when we moved to Haiti. When we arrived we looked at each other and said, "What were we thinking?? We will never be able to use a lawnmower here." We were planning how we could get it back tot he States. But in the past month Tim & Mezo have actually been mowing the grass with the mower! It is amazing the way the grass is filling in. These photos aren't the greatest because at the time they were taken it was pretty dry.
When we lived in Haiti in the mid-90's, we did not have a "haven". It was like living at "ground-zero" 24/7. This compund is a haven and a real home. It is good to have a place of retreat and rest! God has truly blessed us!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie: I hope you feel better soon!

    Congratulations on the grass ;) Is it a special kind of grass, or the yucky bermuda I have to fight endlessly?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete