Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bijou (because a blog is not complete without pictures of a cute puppy)Sunday we worshiped with the Delmas 28 congregation. Jeantyrard had called and told us our preacher friend, Edique Augustin, from Bas-Limbe was in PAP and wanted to see us. Edique preached the morning and evening services on Sunday. He had been in town for the week. Each August he brings a group from Bas_limbe to the Delmas 28 church for a weeklong prayer service. They start at 6 PM and go till 6 AM. It was good to catch up with Edique and his work in Bas-Limbe. We sat on the same bench with Jeff, one of HFHC's sponsored youth. Towards the end of class I noticed Jeff slapping his forehead. So when class was over I asked him if he had a headache, because I had noticed him hitting his head. He said no, he just had a bad thought cme into his head and he wanted to getrid of it. So he was literally knoocking it out of his mind. I brought up 2 Corinthian 10:3-5 and started quoting it to him. He finished the verse, "...and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ". Jeff said he wanted to live what the Word teaches. I was proud of him. He is hearing and putting into practice. I was proud - not of HFHC, but of God, and what He is doing in these kids' lives and that He allows us to be used in His work here.
Gregory came up to me after service. Gregory and I have had several conversations about him giving up and giving his life to Christ. He told me a few weeks ago he has been coming to church so he could learn more about Jesus and he was thinking of being baptized. Well, after the service he came up and told me he had been baptized last week!!
What great news! So we know there was great rejoicing in heaven the previous Sunday!
We gave Jeff, Gregory and Jacob a ride after services. I told Gregory I needed to take a picture because he is a new person (new creation) and I have a photo of the old Gregory, but needed a pic of the new Gregory. He was all smiles for his photo. Then I took a picture of Jacob and told him I'd need a new one when he became a new creation too. He has been coming to church recently too. We talked about not waiting to long to heed the call of Christ on his life, how each time you hear Jesus call you and each time you ignore Him, your heart becomes a little harder. I had asked one of the other kids recently why he doesn't obey Jesus. His response was that Jesus has not yet called him. I told Jacob that anyone who has heard the Good News has been called! (Jacob - Above Photo)
Of course I had to get a shot of Jeff too - he said ,"Because I'm just Jeff!" Iasked each of them if I could share their pictures and our conversations with our supporters and they all agreed. I told Jacob that we would all be praying for him to obey the call that he has heard for his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment