Saturday, March 28, 2009

Arrival in Haiti

We arrived in Haiti on Thursday, March 26. We are happy to be here! Bijou made under the bed her "puppy cave"
We went out to the property to check on the progress of the house. It doesn't look like we'll be able to move on Tuesday, but they keep telling us it will be possible.
Right: This is the carpenter who is building all the doors. The front door is pretty fancy!

As you can see there is quite a bit left to be finished in order to move in. Please pray for the progress!

We don't have the container out of customs yet either. We got word yesterday that there was a fire at the customs office, so this will delay the progress with the container.

We are sure that God has some lessons for us in all of this, so we are trying to keep our eyes open and be quick learners!

I've never done a blog before, so maybe as I go along I'll learn to format this a little more nicely!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That really is going to be nice house! I love all the windows and were those real window frames with screens I saw??

    Sorry to hear about the customs office catching on fire. Odd, huh? Hope no one got hurt.

    Woof, Woof, Bijou!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Tim, Debbie and Bijoux! How wonderful to know how you are doing. I miss you already. hey, you never got me a list of what you'd like us to send you. Are you gonna make me guess??? I love you guys. Thank you for giving all of yourselves to these wonderful people!
    Juls

    ReplyDelete